I love trying out new beauty products, but when it comes down to it, I’m a creature of habit.
I’ve been using the same products for years because, well, they work! I’ve showed you what’s in my travel bag on the blog, but here’s a look at my daily must-haves. So let’s talk beauty routines, ladies.
I’ll dish on mine, if you’ll dish on yours!
1. the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash. this is my favorite way to start the morning. i have pretty dry skin, so a good exfoliation (especially in the dry, winter months!) is a must. i love how smooth this makes my face feel, but it’s gentle enough for daily use.
2. Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2. i have literally been using this since i was a teenager and if i go a few days without it, i can see it in my skin right away. it gives you that clean, open-pore, “ah” feeling before moisturizer, which i love.
3. Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion. i have super sensitive skin, so i tend to stick to simple, allergen-free face moisturizers. what i love about this one (besides the fact that i can get it at Target for $9) is that it moisturizes, but doesn’t leave my skin oily.
4. Philosophy’s Falling in Love fragrance. my favorite everyday scent. it’s clean, but sweet with a little hint of floral. it makes me feel pretty, so – enough said.
1. Purity Made Simple. during my morning face wash i love a good exfoliator, but at night, i need something to melt the day (and the makeup) away. purity made simple is the perfect compliment to the exfoliating wash and the spa-like scent is my favorite.
2. Aveeno 24hr Moisturizing Lotion. i’m not a huge lotion fan. i know, that’s weird. it makes me a little less of a girl, i think. but i make up for it in my love of all things polka dot, bow and ruffle, right? anyway, i actually do like this lotion. it was an impulse buy at Target one day (we all know how that goes) and it’s become an after-bath ritual every evening.
3. Fresh’s Sugar Lip Polish. you might remember this lip polish from my friday fave post a few weeks ago. it exfoliates and leaves your lips silky smooth for a perfect canvas for tomorrow morning’s makeup.
4. Origins’ Plantscription Anti-Aging Eye Treatment. i love this Origins line and the eye cream is definitely worth the splurge. it’s a fairly recent addition (i bought it last year and it’s lasted me until now!), and i think it’s been doing a pretty nice job of keeping me presentable and awake-looking at the office every day. at least in terms of eye-baggage.
So what’s your beauty routine look like? Do you like to switch it up, or do you stick to old faves like me?
8 days, 2,500 miles, 5 cameras and over 900 photos later, i'm just not sure where to start. so i think i'll … [Read More...]
i'm turning 30 this year. i know.
and while the number is intimidating, i think i'm actually pretty excited … [Read More...]
hi guys. woah, big blog break. not a lot of excuses over here, just been busy and was needing a little more … [Read More...]