oh hey, guys. new look over here. how about that for a monday morning surprise? (thank you, thank you, thank you, Sadie Olive!).
but on another note, did you think i would go to Seattle (maybe the unofficial, official foodie capital of the pacific northwest) and not give you a full run-down of how many calories i consumed? well if you did, you were mistaken. so please enjoy some of my favorite tastes, sights and smells of the emerald city.
(from Top Pot. nom).
i always wish i had a bigger appetite on vacation. not that i don’t have a big appetite, because my thighs will tell you that i undoubtedly do, but when you go somewhere like the Pike Place Market and you want to try literally every cafe, restaurant, bar and miscellaneous food stand, the struggle is so real. so i had to prioritize. and i chose cheese. so much cheese. and maybe the best tomato soup i’ve ever had in my life at Beecher’s Handmade Cheese.
other eateries of note:
- Radiator Whiskey (Pike Place) – if you can find it and/or get a table, that is. gravy-covered tater tots. that is all.
- Taylor Shellfish (Capitol Hill) – clam chowder and a dark & dry cider, for the win!
- Pie Bar (Capitol Hill) – because it’s a bar. and they serve pie.
- Damn the Weather (Pioneer Square) pretentious, but the bolognese is worth the hipster-stares.
- don’t eat at (or do?) Merchant’s Cafe because according to the ghost tour we went on it’s HAUNTED. As in here’s your burger with a side of OHMYGAW WHAT WAS THAT. it’s really dramatic, guys.
i wish i could show you the whole city in this post, but you know what’s better? this video. so let’s watch that instead. xo, Mo.